Friday, December 9, 2022
December 9, 2022
College info/visit dates/Scholarship info/Career info
Any junior girl who is interested in attending SD Girls State should see Ms. Bergeson for more information. Dates are May 29-June 3 on the campus of University of South Dakota in Vermillion. This is a great resume builder, plus it’s fun and educational.
Any junior high or high school student interested in entering an art contest see Ms. Bergeson. Winners have the chance to win up to $1000 worth of STEAM supplies for their classroom, club, or organization. Deadline is February 17, 2023.
- HOSA meeting on Wednesday, 12/14 during 5C in Mrs. Knox’s room.
- FCCLA Member December Check-in will be during 5A, 5B or 5C on Monday, December 19.
v Mrs. Sheffield needs your senior pictures for the class composite by beginning of April. They have to be wallet size and vertical. Please get those to her when you can.
Ø Lost and Found Box: Please come and look through it if you think any of these items are yours.
Ø FCCLA Angel Tree Cards are available to be sponsored and can be picked up at the Angel Tree at Vilas Drug. Gifts are due back by Friday, December 16. Be sure to sign the sign-up sheet with your name and number beside the number of your card.
Ø There will be a post prom pork sandwiches & chips or pulled pork nachos free will donation meal starting @ 1pm during the quad games on Saturday 12/10.
Ø Mattea, Kaelin, and Trake: Remember you still owe for candy bars.
Ø The following students owe for National Honor Society dues. Please pay them by Friday, December 9 or you will be given detention.
o Tate Hoffman
o David Stagg
o Carson Stephenson
Activities: Saturday, 12/10- WR @ Gregory – 9:30
JHWR @ Pierre – 10:00
3-5 GB vs. Gettysburg (H-Gym) – 10:00 & 11:00
GB/BB vs. Jones Co (H) – 1:00
Sunday, 12/11- FCCLA to Pierre for ice skating – 4:30
Monday, 12/12- 3-5 GB @ St. Joe’s – 5:30
JHGB C @ St. Joe’s – 7:00
Tuesday, 12/13- JHGB vs. JVC (H) – 5:15
GB vs. JVC (H) (P. Night) – 6:30
Thursday, 12/15- JHGB @ Potter Co (Hoven) – 4:00
GB @ Potter Co. (Hoven) – 6:30
Friday, 12/16- WR @ Hot Springs – 2:00
JHBB vs. W-W (H) – 5:15
BB vs. W-W (H) (P. Night) – 6:30
Saturday, 12/17- JHGB @ Faulkton Trny – 9:00
WR @ Hot Springs Trny – 10:00
DEPARTURES: Saturday, 12/10 – WR to Gregory at 6:45
JHWR to Pierre at 8:00
Sunday, 12/11 – FCCLA Ice Skating to Ft. Pierre at 4:30
Monday, 12/12 – C JHGB to W. Springs at 4:30
Thursday, 12/15 – JH & HS GB to Hoven at 2:30, release at 2:25
Friday, 12/16 - WR to Hot Springs at 7:30(staying overnight/returning after tourney on Saturday)
Saturday, 12/17 – JHGB to Faulkton at 7:30
Ticket Takers: Saturday, 12/10– Morgan Bonnichsen, Rhonda Baloun (work time- 12:30)
Concessions Workers: Saturday, 12/10- Payton, Korin
Bingo Workers: Saturday, 12/10– Coby, Jeff
Soph. Pop Shoot workers: Saturday, 12/10- Ty, Morgan, Jady, Brooklyn
THURSDAY- MEATLOAF, MASHED POTATOES FRIDAY- SUB SANDWICH, CHIPS
BREAKFAST – MUFFIN BREAKFAST – BREAKFAST PIZZA
Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does - William James
v Anyone wanting to see the school’s wellness policy please refer to the school’s website under “News”
Monday, October 10, 2022Highmore-Harrold School Wellness Policy 2022
Thursday, September 22, 2022
Monday, Sept. 26th is due date for Volleyball gear
General Athletic apparel
Wed. Oct. 5th is due date for general HHS Gear
Thursday, August 18, 2022
Click here to read the State of the School 2022 Newsletter: Newsletter
Thursday, August 18, 2022
Home Miller/Highmore-Harrold Rustler football games will be live streamed on both Venture Ch. 381 and on http://rustlers.live Because this is not a home Pirate event, any streaming disruption will not be resolved by Highmore-Harrold staff. We apologize in advance if a game goes offline, but it is out of our hands if technical difficulties occur at the host site.
Friday, June 26, 2020
*PLEASE SEE THE UPDATES ADDED BELOW FOR POST-PHASE 3 ACTIVITIES, BEGINNING JUNE 29
With the South Dakota High School Activities Association ending the “dead period” on June 1, the Highmore-Harrold School District has decided to allow the use of our facilities on a limited basis, and with strict guidelines regarding how the facility can be accessed, who can access it, and what time the facility will be available for access. Please keep in mind, our facility use is on a voluntary basis: no athletic program is requiring student-athletes to participate in summer activities. Below are some of our protocols that will govern facility use:
· Any person who is experiencing a temperature greater than 100 degrees, is showing signs of illness, or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 shall not use school district facilities or participate in workout sessions.
· Parents will be required to sign a waiver for their children before their child can access any school district facility. 18 year old students will be allowed to sign their own waiver. The waiver can be downloaded here, or picked up from the high school office on Monday or Tuesday before noon. Participants must present the signed waiver upon entrance to their first workout session.
· Public use of our facilities will be limited to the times when coaches or school district personnel are supervising the facilities, will be subject to the same protocols of the student athletes, and can be restricted by coach preference.
· Participants: *Up to 50 participants, including the coach, will be allowed per indoor workout area. Up to 50 participants for outdoor workouts.
· Schedules: Participating coaches will work with their athletes to schedule workouts that work for both parties.
· Hydration: Use of facility water fountains is *allowed. Participants *are encouraged to bring their own full water bottles, and cannot share with others under any circumstances.
· Attire: Locker room usage is prohibited. All participants must come dressed for their workout, but will be allowed to change shoes upon entrance. No outside equipment (balls, weights, etc.) will be allowed in the facility.
· Gym/weight room entrance: Students will enter the building through the north door between the high school and the ag shop only. All people (coaches and student-athletes) who enter the building *are encourged to wear a mask or a cloth face-cover that covers their mouth and nose.
· Pre-workout/contact screening: All coaches and participants of the workout session will be screened upon entrance. Coaches and participants will answer a questionnaire and will have their temperature checked. A temperature greater than 100.4 degrees will prohibit participation. If the coach is prohibited from participating due to temperature, then the session will be cancelled.
· Post-screening: Once participants pass the screening and are cleared to participate, they can remove their mask or face-cover for the session. Participants will immediately wash their hands with soap and warm water and will apply hand sanitizer before they go to their workout area. The school district will supply both the soap and hand sanitizer.
· Workout session: Participants will follow the instructions provided by their workout supervisor. All workout equipment will be disinfected by the participant upon completion of use. The school district will supply the disinfectant.
· Any violation of protocols could result in suspension from using the facilities.