Month: June, 2020
Friday, June 26, 2020
*PLEASE SEE THE UPDATES ADDED BELOW FOR POST-PHASE 3 ACTIVITIES, BEGINNING JUNE 29
With the South Dakota High School Activities Association ending the “dead period” on June 1, the Highmore-Harrold School District has decided to allow the use of our facilities on a limited basis, and with strict guidelines regarding how the facility can be accessed, who can access it, and what time the facility will be available for access. Please keep in mind, our facility use is on a voluntary basis: no athletic program is requiring student-athletes to participate in summer activities. Below are some of our protocols that will govern facility use:
· Any person who is experiencing a temperature greater than 100 degrees, is showing signs of illness, or has been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 shall not use school district facilities or participate in workout sessions.
· Parents will be required to sign a waiver for their children before their child can access any school district facility. 18 year old students will be allowed to sign their own waiver. The waiver can be downloaded here, or picked up from the high school office on Monday or Tuesday before noon. Participants must present the signed waiver upon entrance to their first workout session.
· Public use of our facilities will be limited to the times when coaches or school district personnel are supervising the facilities, will be subject to the same protocols of the student athletes, and can be restricted by coach preference.
· Participants: *Up to 50 participants, including the coach, will be allowed per indoor workout area. Up to 50 participants for outdoor workouts.
· Schedules: Participating coaches will work with their athletes to schedule workouts that work for both parties.
· Hydration: Use of facility water fountains is *allowed. Participants *are encouraged to bring their own full water bottles, and cannot share with others under any circumstances.
· Attire: Locker room usage is prohibited. All participants must come dressed for their workout, but will be allowed to change shoes upon entrance. No outside equipment (balls, weights, etc.) will be allowed in the facility.
· Gym/weight room entrance: Students will enter the building through the north door between the high school and the ag shop only. All people (coaches and student-athletes) who enter the building *are encourged to wear a mask or a cloth face-cover that covers their mouth and nose.
· Pre-workout/contact screening: All coaches and participants of the workout session will be screened upon entrance. Coaches and participants will answer a questionnaire and will have their temperature checked. A temperature greater than 100.4 degrees will prohibit participation. If the coach is prohibited from participating due to temperature, then the session will be cancelled.
· Post-screening: Once participants pass the screening and are cleared to participate, they can remove their mask or face-cover for the session. Participants will immediately wash their hands with soap and warm water and will apply hand sanitizer before they go to their workout area. The school district will supply both the soap and hand sanitizer.
· Workout session: Participants will follow the instructions provided by their workout supervisor. All workout equipment will be disinfected by the participant upon completion of use. The school district will supply the disinfectant.
· Any violation of protocols could result in suspension from using the facilities.