District-Wide Assessments

The Highmore-Harrold School District administers a number of assessments, both district-wide and in the classroom, to measure student growth and to diagnose student achievement levels.  District parents have the right to request information regarding any State or School District policy regarding student participation in any assessments mandated by the State or School District, including any right to opt-out of the assessment.  Please visit the links below for information regarding the assessments administered at Highmore-Harrold.  If you have any questions please contact us.


2023-2024 Assessment Schedule

South Dakota Assessments

South Dakota Science

NWEA MAP® Growth™ Assessments

STAR Reading



IXL Diagnostic Math

SLO Assessments


National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)  DATE: November 28, 2023

National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) February 15, 2024 9:00 AM-11:00 AM


2024 Highmore-Harrold School District
415 Iowa Ave South, PO Box 416
Highmore, SD 57345
High School (605) 852-2275
Elementary (605) 852-2276
Fax (605) 760-8449

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) Email: program.intake@usda.gov. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.