Back to school plan and parent email
Friday, July 31, 2020
Highmore-Harrold School District Reopening Plan
Above is the link for the back to school plan as adopted by the school board at Wednesday evening’s meeting. Please look through it, and if you have any questions please get ahold of me at the school and I will be more than happy to answer them for you. A couple items of note from the document:
1. We will start school on time according to the school calendar. Our first day of school is August 21st.
2. Masks will be encouraged, but not required, in our school buildings. They will be required for students who ride the bus routes to and from school.
3. Students will be temperature screened upon entry into our school buildings. We also highly encourage you as parents to check their temperatures before sending them to school. The screening checklist that we recommend you use is in this document.
4. We will begin the 4 and 1 Model at the start of the school year, with Friday, August 28 being our first scheduled distance learning day. We will reevaluate this at midterm, with the possibility of moving back to our traditional five days in the school building at that time.
5. The “live stream” version of class is available for all, which would allow students to attend their classes remotely. If this is something you are interested in, please call the school and let us know by Friday, August 7th. I will be in contact with you to schedule a time for you and your child to receive their school computer, and to provide some orientation with our Google Classroom platform.
6. Everything in this document is flexible. If something isn’t working, we will evaluate it and work to get it right.
I am very confident in our ability to provide the quality education everyone has come to expect from the Highmore-Harrold School District. This school year will have more challenges than a “normal” school year, but I know if we work together, we will get through it. Please have a great weekend and enjoy the rest of your summer.
Quinton Cermak-Superintendent/7-12 Principal